Sunday, February 14, 2010

Salmon steak with Sesame sauce




Servings: 2
Ingredients:
2 Salmon steaks
1/2 tsp salt
1/5 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 little pieces of lemon

Sesame sauce
2 tbsp plain yogurt
3 tbsp sesame
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp water

Directions:
1. Spread salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil on salmon steaks.
2. Place all the gradients of the souce in a blender and grind them.
3. Heat a pan on high, spray 1 tbsp olive oil, place salmon steaks.
4. Grill steaks turning once halfway through until browned about 30 seconds.
5. lower the heat medium and continue grilling 3-5 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat, season with lemon (juice).
7. Serve the steaks with the sesame sauce.
I love this sesame sauce. Try it! ^^

4 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy. I have to get some honey. I'll try it this week. For the dressing, what kind of vinegar did you use? Rice vinegar or wine??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used rice vinegar. But the original recipe says vinegar made of rice, grain, and fruit, which is very common in Korea. We call it "YangJo Vinegar (์–‘์กฐ์‹์ดˆ in Korean)". If you want, you may check it out at the Korean market. Enjoy^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cooked this salmon dish last night. You were right. It was sooooo good. Eric liked the sauce, too. I'm going to go to Koreana Plaza to see if I can fine "Yanjo Vinegar". I want to try this dish with the vinegar. I'll let you know. Thanks for this recipe. It's definitely a hit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear that you and Eric liked the dish. Yeah! I like the sauce too! Dave also likes the dish very much. We really really enjoyed the dish when I cooked it. It was sooooooo gooood! I'm glad that we share our favorite recipes! This Red Red Potato is between you and me. It's very special! Hope you can find the vinegar at Koreana Plaza! ^^

    ReplyDelete