Monday, August 17, 2009

순두부찌개 (Uncurdled Tofu Ggigae)


My friend, Noriko, loves spicy food and has asked me to give her a recipe of 순두부찌개 (uncurdled Tofu Ggigae). Since I don't have my own recipe and haven't cooked it for a long time, I looked at a few websites where I could get recipes. I found two different ones; one includes meat and the other doesn't. I'm not sure which one she prefers, so I translated both of them into English and added pictures from the original websites which I mention in the recipes.


Uncurdled Tofu Ggigae 1 (without meat)

Ingredients:
1 pack uncurdled Tofu
170g short-necked clams
3 teaspoon red pepper powder
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon soy sauce,
1/2 piece green onion
1 egg
little bit of salt and sesame oil
(* do not need water because tofu makes water when it gets cooked.)

Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix chopped garlic, red pepper powder, and soy sauce.
2. In a pot (an earthenware bowl is preferable), put the clams and tofu, and turn on heat and bring them come to a boil.
3. Once #2 starts to boil, add #1.
4. Bring to boiling more so that the clams and pure tofu get cooked.
5. Add green onion, salt, sesame oil, and egg (don’t stir the egg).
6. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for doing this for me. I'll be back after I try this recipe and tell you all about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I'm very happy that we found something delightful for both of us and enjoy cooking together, eating together, and writing each other about cooking and recipes! I'll write more recipes for you here, so that you can try and tell me all about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete